When a non-profit organization looking to create a solid HR infrastructure approached Smart HR, we jumped right in to help. With no current systems in place, Smart HR was able to develop an infrastructure where none existed before, creating a more consistent and professional approach to HR management, as well as providing significant cost savings to the organization in the long run.
With a clean slate in front of us, our experienced HR professionals were able to see the big picture, creating an infrastructure that took into account everything from policies and procedures to employee engagement. The comprehensive HR infrastructure created as a result of the organization’s partnership with Smart HR included:
- Drafting an employee handbook with new policies and procedures
- Performing a compensation analysis and adjusting the compensation structure
- Reviewing benefit offerings
- Creating a corporate group focusing on gender equality issues
- Restructuring organizational design based on RACI (responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed) exercises
- Creating on/off boarding processes
- Contracting with a new IT vendor
- Recruiting for and hiring key management positions and support staff
- Establishing core values and employee engagement activities
- Conducting an employee engagement survey
- Enhancing the performance management system
- Serving as a key member of the management team, which includes attending weekly status meetings
In addition to developing and facilitating systems that created a more consistent and professional approach to HR management, Smart HR also provided significant cost savings by reducing payroll vendor expenses by 50%, using payroll services and recruiting that had previously not been utilized for staff vacancies through a Smart HR recruiter.
Creating smart, effective systems and saving our clients money along the way – those are just a few ways Smart HR helps our clients succeed day in and day out. Does creating an effective HR infrastructure sound like something your organization could benefit from? Let’s talk.