What Are Talent Acquisition Services?
Talent acquisition services are not just recruiting services. They consist of comprehensive, strategic planning that includes an examination of a company’s workforce plans, the skills, competencies, and experiences employees need for success, employment branding to attract quality candidates, managing and maintaining relationships with candidates who exhibit potential, and sound metrics and analytics designed to track and improve recruitment decisions.
A professional HR consu
lting firm can provide your company with talent acquisition services that will save your company time and money. The HR experts can develop a talent acquisition process for your company that aligns with your company’s needs. You will have a talent acquisition strategy that reflects your company’s brand and enables you to attract, source, recruit, and hire quality candidates.
Specific Benefits of Acquiring Talent Acquisition Services
Competition for the best candidates is stiff. Professional talent acquisition services can give your company the edge. They have the expertise your company needs to compete effectively for the best and brightest talent. What are the benefits of using a professional talent acquisition service? Here are just a few:
1. Take a Long Term, Strategic Approach. Professional HR consulting firms have the ability to help your company develop a longer term strategic approach to its hiring. Professional HR specialists have the time and expertise to look at the company in a comprehensive way, the available talent pools, and identify areas where the hiring practices and results are inconsistent with the company’s brand as an employer. The HR professionals can then work to systematically align your company’s talent acquisition practices with the company’s brand, with immediate results and longer term.
2. Enhance Your Company’s Social Media Presence. Social media is an important marketing tool, as everyone now knows. Make the most of it. If you hope to attract recent graduates or technology-savvy candidates, you need a strong social media presence. Perhaps you have in-house staff that can develop your company’s social media presence and keep it updated regularly, but can they do it as well as the talent acquisition experts?
When you use HR professionals with experience in maximizing and promoting your employer brand through social media, you will tap into a new talent pool. To help your company develop its brand, the HR experts will lead you through activities that help to define your company’s image, along with the company’s culture, reputation, products, and services. Employment branding can help attract high quality candidates and project what working for the company is like.
Employees, especially younger workers, want individualized, tailored career experiences from their employers, but many employers have not yet figured this out. Professional HR specialists know how to sell your company’s image to future employees, and create an employee experience many can believe in.
Additionally, the talent acquisition experts can set up a streamlined, online, customized, application process for you so your employees can focus on taking care of the company’s business.
3. Utilize Talent Pool Contacts. HR professionals maintain an extensive database of contacts that have the experience your company is looking for. Not only will you be able to jumpstart the process using their contact information, the talent acquisition services can include screening the potential candidates for suitability and interviewing them, so you will meet only the best candidates. These services alone will save your business valuable time and resources.
4. Assist in Selecting the Candidate and Manage Candidate Relationships. HR consultants will use their talent acquisition services to help your company assess the candidates and assess, select, and hire the best candidate for the position. They will use cutting edge recruiting software, which keeps the process well-organized and generates important data for future use.
With their expertise in recruiting trends for this year and next, professional HR consultants know how important it is for the candidates to have a positive experience. Additionally, the HR experts will make sure the company maintains a relationship with those candidates who were highly qualified but not selected for this particular position at this particular time. As part of the company’s strategic talent acquisition planning, one or more of those candidates may be a top choice for another position open now or one the company anticipates will be open in the future. The HR experts can help your company determine how best to manage that situation.
5. Metrics and Analytics for Evaluating Success of HR Practices. In-house HR professionals may not have the resources to evaluate the success of the company’s talent acquisition efforts, its leadership and management development programs, and other HR programs designed to enhance the experience of employees and future employees. Professional HR consultants’ talent acquisition services include a very scientific and data-based approach to measuring the effectiveness of these programs. Where shortcomings are noted, the consultants will recommend adjustments and implement them quickly.
Through metrics and analytics, an HR professional can identify quickly when a company is losing candidates to the competition based on the employer’s image being inconsistent with its actions. Employer brands need to be backed up with employer action in the form of regular communication and decisions based on company values, not just image. Otherwise, employers will have trouble attracting and retaining good employees. A talent acquisition service can help the company overcome those issues.
Contact a Professional HR Consulting Firm for More Information about Talent Acquisition Services
To stand a chance in today’s cutthroat recruiting environment, your company has to think strategically. It has to create a positive experience for the candidates. It has to cultivate an employee-friendly culture, with an online presence that is hard to overlook. Unless your company has unlimited resources and lots of time to focus on this, you need to consider using a professional HR consulting firm and their talent acquisition services. Your employees are your biggest asset and your biggest expense. Attracting the best people for key positions is a wise investment. Contact a professional HR consulting firm for information about how their talent acquisition services can help your company.