Career fairs are considered one of the main ways for employers and prospective job candidates to connect. These highly effective recruiting events allow your organization to meet and screen a significant number of job and internship candidates.
Many career fairs are held on the campuses of colleges and universities, but there are other career fair opportunities that companies can take advantage of, whether they wish to participate in an existing career fair or host their own.
Smart HR’s Career Fair Services
- We will work with your organization to define your objectives related to the career fair. This often begins with establishing ideal candidate profiles, including fields of study, skill sets, roles to be filled and degree types.
- For campus-based career fairs, we will pay particular attention to the backgrounds of successful employees with your organization who were hired at the time of their graduation, considering where they studied, the degrees they earned and their career path.
- If your organization is unsure where to focus your efforts, we will strategically profile the educational institutions that are most likely to be a good source of your desired candidate pool.
- Smart HR will help to develop the recruiting materials you share at career fairs and manage details such as exhibition booth components, representative staff and recruiting materials.
- After identifying the schools or other forums where you wish to host or participate in a career fair, we will nurture connections with key contacts and compile calendars of upcoming events of interest. Our team reaches out to career centers, professors, deans, job boards and school websites.
- We will determine the best way to follow up with candidates after the fair.
- Our team will identify opportunities for employer branding before, during and after the career fair, including event sponsorships, speaking opportunities, departmental sponsorships, student paper advertisements and other approaches.
- If you are hiring interns, we will develop career paths for intern roles including a timeline that takes them from engagement to full-time employment.
We Can Help Represent You In Many Types Of Career Fairs, Including:
- Campus-based career fairs
- Commercial, professional and specialty career fairs
- Community-based career fairs
- Company-specific career fairs
- Virtual job fairs
Benefits Of A Career Fair
Here is a brief look at some of the greatest benefits of our career fair development services.
Access Qualified Candidates
Career fairs help attract skilled workers who can help your company achieve its goals. They are a great way to receive applications and resumes from job candidates who actually have the qualifications needed to fill roles with your organization.
Meet Candidates In Person
One major benefit of recruiting at a job fair is that it allows you to meet potential candidates in person from the very beginning of the process, enabling you to avoid wasting time lining up interviews with candidates who will not be a good fit. At a career fair, companies can carry out numerous short, informal interviews in a short space of time to identify and focus on the strongest candidates.
Save Time and Money
Posting openings across different platforms can be very time-consuming and may not yield high-quality candidates. With a career fair, your organization can connect with a bigger pool of potential employees without the need to advertise.
Get In Touch With The Career Fair Development Professionals
Reach out today to find out how the human resources professionals at Smart HR can give your recruiting efforts a boost with career fair development and execution services.