A strong campus recruiting program is an excellent way for businesses to fill their candidate pipeline with a range of talent, whether you are seeking entry-level candidates, top-level interns or talent with advanced degrees. College recruiting is considered a smart approach to finding top hires while keeping recruitment costs down.
Smart HR offers a full range of services related to planning and implementing successful campus recruiting programs.
Here is a look at how our services work.
Campus Recruiting Planning And Development
Our recruitment experts will work with your team to define the goals of the program at the individual, departmental and overall levels. This may include:
- Determining ideal candidate profiles in terms of specific skill sets, degree types, potential roles to filled and study fields
- Analyzing the backgrounds of successful current and former workers who were hired at graduation with an emphasis on their career path, where they studied and the degrees they earned
- Guidance in developing recruiting materials
- Assistance in identifying key contacts at different schools and strategizing on outreach to school deans, professors, websites, job boards and career centers
- Compiling a calendar of opportunities such as virtual fairs, job fairs and school visits
- Profiling and choosing educational institutions that have the greatest chance of educating desired candidates
- Assessing your organization’s current digital strategy and recommending improvements for career pages, social media channels, and other aspects that need enhancement
- Developing career paths for intern roles, including timelines that take interns from initial engagement to a full-time employment offer
- Determining and implementing other approaches for employer branding and connecting with students, such as sponsoring departmental clubs and events, speaking opportunities, and advertising in student newspapers
- Composing sample postings and other marketing materials that can be used to promote opportunities with your organization among interns and recent graduates
- Developing career paths and training programs for recent graduates who are hired for full-time roles with your organization
Campus Recruiting Execution
For organizations that are unable to carry out the tailored campus recruiting strategy we develop, we can take on additional roles, including:
- Screening candidates and choosing outstanding prospects for further review
- Acting as a long-term liaison with educational institutions
- Managing every phase of the campus recruiting lifecycle
- Attending events on campus as well as virtual events as a representative of the organization
- Managing and administrating the candidate vetting and selection processes
The Benefits Of Campus Recruiting
- Find untapped talent: The intense competition for top talent in the modern business world means that finding candidates with undiscovered potential who are not even in the job market yet can allow you to gain an edge over your competition.
- Foster company loyalty: Connecting with students and conveying your employer brand to them can start to build company loyalty before they even start working for you.
- Attract candidates from the tech generation: Modern college students grew up as digital natives, which means they possess the skills and knowledge to keep up with new technologies.
Reach Out To Smart HR
If you are ready to enjoy the many benefits of campus recruitment, get in touch with Smart HR today to find out how our campus recruiting services can help you tap into this incomparable talent source.