Managing employee leave can be a very time-consuming task, which is why many businesses outsource it to professionals who possess expertise in the field.
At Smart HR, we can handle every aspect of employee leave management, policies and administration, acting as an employee leave administrator and manager for your organization.
The COVID-19 outbreak has demonstrated just how complicated leaves of absence can be, so having a team devoted to staying on top of the latest local, state and federal regulations related to employee leave allows you to provide proper support without the headaches involved in navigating this complex area of human resources.
Our Employee Leave Management Services
Here is a look at some of the services we offer in employee leave management and administration.
- Receiving and processing requests for employee leaves of absence
- Guidance on updating policies to ensure compliance at the local, state and federal levels
- Tracking leave to ensure the time taken meets company policy
- Implementing a central review process for assessing leaves of absence and determining acceptance and denial
- Documenting leave requests, approvals and denials with appropriate forms to meet recordkeeping requirements
- Communicating with employees throughout their leave
- Ensuring all leave requests are being handled in a consistent and fair manner
- Managing questions from employees
- Filing the relevant paperwork with government agencies and ensuring the required employee notifications for leaves of absence are provided in a timely manner
- Providing weekly updates to management to keep them informed of leave statuses of employees
- Facilitating the payroll and benefit adjustments that are needed during the period of leave
- Facilitating communications between insurance carriers and any other third parties involved
- Re-onboarding employees when they return from their leave
What Types Of Leaves Of Absence Can Smart HR Administer On Behalf Of Your Organization?
Employers in the D.C. metro area must ensure they are in compliance with their state’s mandatory paid and unpaid leave laws, as well as any local laws. Virginia does not presently have any mandatory paid leave requirements, but Maryland, Montgomery County, and Washington, D.C., do have mandatory paid and unpaid leave laws.
As leaders in HR services in the area, we can administer and advise on all of these leave laws. We are well-versed in the details of each law, including coverage, accrual rates, carryovers, limitations, uses, employee and employer obligations, termination and reinstatement.
- Family And Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- D.C. Universal Paid Leave Act (UPLA)
- Maryland Healthy Working Families Act (HWFA)
- Maryland Parental Leave Act (PLA)
- Maryland Flexible Leave Act (FLA)
- Montgomery County Earned Sick And Safe Leave Act
Contact The Smart Human Resource Solution
If your organization needs help staying on top of the latest changes in local, state and federal leave laws and coordinating employee leave, get in touch with Smart HR. Failing to provide your employees with the required leaves of absence could lead to expensive penalties and legal claims. Our human resources consultants can provide you with expert guidance on staying in compliance with leave laws and handle every stage of your leave administration.