Outsourcing human resources services is a smart move for many businesses as it gives you access to HR expertise without the expense associated with creating a dedicated in-house team for HR-related tasks. In the initial stages of HR outsourcing, an HR audit can provide valuable insight into your company’s human resource needs and goals for the future.
At Smart HR, an HR audit follow the methodology to review your current infrastructure and processes, identify any gaps in compliance and best practices, report the findings of our audits, and provide your company with direction and advice for moving forward in the most productive manner possible.
How An HR Audit Can Help
This audit is a key component of ensuring your company’s human resources function is efficient, thorough, and compliant.
An HR audit look at the following aspects of your human resources:
Organization And Support
- Your current human resources management methods
- Your existing vendors and programs for aspects such as payroll and benefits
- Your employee population and roles
- Your company’s history of HR issues such as audits, difficult terminations and lawsuits
- The documents provided to employees at the time of their hiring
- The content of all forms and documents your company uses
- Whether all documents have been properly signed, collected, and filed
- The content of your employee handbook and policies
- Job description content and record-keeping
Human Resources Practices With A HR Audit
- Recruiting strategies such as employee referral programs, employment application compliance and ATS usage
- Your company’s on-boarding plan, including pre-hire testing, offer letters, background checks and checklists, along with how well this plan can help retain the talent you have attracted
- Employee documentation and file storage and usage
- I-9 form completion, verification, and storage
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance, including timekeeping, high-level organization and practices relating to exempt and non-exempt classifications
- Compliance with applicable local, federal and state laws
- General administration
- Performance management
- Payroll practice review, including technology and frequency
- Employee training strategies
- Employee termination, off-boarding and exit interview practices
An HR audit serves as a valuable baseline from which we can prioritize your human resource needs and draft an effective strategy for future HR management. We will use onsite interviews with management and employees, personnel file audits, and document reviews to inform our findings.
The goal is not only to determine compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws; we will also assess whether a process could be performed better or more efficiently with help from benchmarking data.
We will provide you with immediate feedback on the major concerns we have identified and advice on resolving them swiftly, along with a comprehensive written report with our findings and recommendations. Smart HR can also provide assistance with executing any of the recommendations we make for improving your HR procedures.
Get In Touch With The Outsourced HR Professionals About A HR Audit
An HR audit is an important aspect of improving your company’s human resources function and can be carried out alongside other HR projects. Reach out to the experienced HR team at Smart HR to find out how we can help your company optimize its human resources processes today.