Claims of sexual harassment, discrimination, and hostile work environments can have a significant impact on employers from a financial and reputational standpoint. Organizations that want to ensure their workers are protected and their claims are taken seriously should hire unbiased professionals to investigate any harassment claims that arise.
Smart HR’s Harassment Investigation Services
Any time you receive a complaint about any type of workplace misconduct, a prompt, fair and thorough investigation should be carried out and any appropriate remedial measures must be implemented. Smart HR’s harassment investigation services provide an unbiased third party to carry out these crucial investigations.
Our Harassment Investigation: An Overview
Outlined below is a brief overview of the steps we take when conducting a typical harassment investigation:
- A full review of your organization’s policies, procedures and culture
- An in-person interview with the person who has issued the complaint
- In-person interviews with all parties linked to the complaint, including the accused and any other parties who may have witnessed the behaviors or incident in question
- A full written report outlining the findings of our investigation
- A verbal briefing with your organization’s leadership and directors with recommended courses of action
Our team is trained to handle each complaint confidentially and compassionately.
The Benefits Of Outsourcing Harassment Investigation to Smart HR
Here is a brief look at some of the benefits of using our services.
Avoid Legal Liability
Our HR professionals are trained in ensuring complaints are handled in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Maintain Your Business’s Reputation
Addressing complaints before they escalate can help your company maintain its reputation and avoid negative press.
Foster Loyalty from Employees
Showing employees you take their complaints seriously can foster loyalty and increase job satisfaction.
Preventing Workplace Harassment
Smart HR also offers services that can help prevent workplace harassment and reduce the need for investigations.
Sexual Harassment Prevention & Awareness Training
Our anti-harassment training workshops raise awareness of harassment and can help to influence behaviors, educate attendees, transform workplace culture and prevent future incidents.
These workshops are customized to fit your organization and meet your state’s compliance standards. They can be conducted in person or remotely.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Issues that have shaped current legislation
- Federal, state and local laws
- Types of harassment and how to recognize them
- Workplace bullying
- Actions that are considered workplace harassment
- Steps to follow when someone is a victim or witness of harassment
- Intervention techniques
- Building a healthy and harassment-free workplace culture
Workplace Harassment And Discrimination Hotline Services
Smart HR can help you set up and manage an Employee Concern Hotline that serves as an unbiased third party where employees can report any incidents of discrimination, hostile work environment or sexual harassment that they experience or witness.
Our professional team will help design templates for soliciting information, establish and roll out the hotline, communicate details of the hotline to employees, and monitor it during set hours.
Our team will document each complaint and pass it along to your internal team. We will also compile regular reports that can help identify trends and areas where improvements can be made.
Get In Touch With Smart HR
To learn more about our harassment investigations and related services, call Smart HR today.