Having clearly established rules and guidelines in an employee handbooks is essential for ensuring consistency among your employees and limiting your liability. Although there are many ways you can communicate your expectations to employees, a formal employee manual is one of the best approaches.
An employee handbook serves as an introduction for new employees to your organization’s culture, policies and procedures. It is also used by long-term employees and supervisors alike to understand and adhere to your business’s organizational practices consistently. It can help ensure policies are being reinforced uniformly and provides legal evidence that you are using policies that are consistent with applicable employment laws.
Don’t put your company at risk of employment lawsuits by relying on an employee handbook template that doesn’t address your needs properly. Our custom employee handbook services are tailored to your business practices, which means they will proactively address all the possible employment-related issues that are unique to your organization.
Our Employee Handbook Services
No one knows your business as well as you do, so we will work with you to ensure the handbook covers all the necessary aspects while reflecting your company culture.
We will use a questionnaire to obtain the information needed for the handbook, such as:
- Your organization’s mission statements
- The names and contact information of key individuals at your company
- Contact procedures for your organization’s HR representatives
- Employee classifications and head counts
- Confidentiality and non-compete agreements
Another part of creating the handbook is reviewing existing policies, whether they are formal or only implied. We will also make sure these policies are in line with federal and state mandates. Here are some of the policies we’ll consider:
- Payroll schedule
- Paid time off and accruals
- Parental leave
- Emergency closures
- Professional membership reimbursements
Once we have prepared the first draft of your handbook, we will pass it on to you for review, discussion and any edits that need to be carried out.
The final version of your handbook will be available in electronic format, such as PDF, and will comply with state regulations. We can also provide a handbook maintenance subscription that includes regular updates to the manual to ensure it contains all the necessary policy information as your needs and the regulations change.
The Benefits Of Our Employee Handbook Services
Your organization will have a compliant and up-to-date employee handbook that:
- Is user-friendly and laid out intuitively
- Sets standard expectations
- Uses language that presents your organization in a positive light
- Provides helpful guidance
- Answers common questions
- Uses reader-friendly language to clearly explain procedures and policies
- Minimizes legal liability
- Avoids conflicting or confusing policy statements
- Can be edited easily as circumstances change
Get In Touch With Smart HR For Help With Your Employee Handbooks
Smart HR has the experience needed to create effective employee handbooks for organizations of all sizes and industries that meet the relevant compliance standards at the local, state and federal level. Whether you need your current handbook reviewed and updated or you want us to create an entirely new one, we can help you get this valuable communication resource right.