Happy employees are the key to your business’s success. In addition to putting a qualified team in place, you need to ensure everyone is satisfied with the way your business is run. Employee issues can lead to distractions, productivity loss and personnel turnover, all of which are major problems that can impact your bottom line.
An employee complaint hotline is a great way to show your workers that you take their concerns seriously.
What Types Of Calls Can An Employee Complaint Hotline Handle?
Employees can use a complaint hotline whether they are the victim of a complaint or concern, or they witness this type of behavior in others. Here are some of the topics a complaint hotline can process:
- Hostile work environments
- Sexual harassment
- Whistleblower concerns
- Workplace violence
- Unethical behavior
To set up your hotline, we’ll work with you to determine your desired process and protocol for escalating reports of wrongdoing. We will discuss how complaints will be handled, devise scripts that can be used to get the right information for an investigation, and handle each case according to your preferences.
Smart HR’s Employee Complaint Hotline Services
Here is a closer look at our employee complaint hotline services:
- Creating a unique phone number and email address for your organization’s employees to report workplace incidents and harassment
- Rolling out the new hotline and communicating how it can be used to your staff
- Responding to each individual complaint in a timely manner
- Monitoring concerns during a window of time that works for your business
- Setting up a voice messaging system to take messages after hours, and responding to messages quickly
- Documenting complaints and passing them along to your internal team
- Reporting incidents and analyzing trends in the complaints received
The Benefits Of Our Employee Complaint Hotline
Here is a look at how our employee complaint hotline services benefit your business.
- It allows employees to feel comfortable reporting their problems to a neutral third party
- It may encourage employees to make complaints early before a problem grows out of control
- An expert who is trained in handling these complaints will take the call and handle it appropriately
- An employee complaint hotline may accept anonymous complaints, which makes employees feel more comfortable reporting problems related to management and allows them to have concerns addressed that they do not wish to share in person
- It eliminates the need for automated complaint handling with auto-prompt systems that leave unhappy employees feeling even more frustrated
- It allows for serious concerns to be separated from smaller issues so that resources can be used appropriately
- It provides documentation of complaints and information about witnesses that may prove useful should the incident end up in court
- It allows your organization to stop unethical or disruptive behavior in the workplace, preserving your reputation among employees, clients and the community at large
- It makes your employees feel valued by management
Reach Out To The HR Professionals
Get in touch with Smart HR to find out more about how our experienced human resources professionals can help you set up a hotline that will address complaints before they become major issues and ensure every one of your employees feels valued.